Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Walking Miracle Part Five

If you haven't read parts one through four, please be sure to scroll down and read them first. Here is part five of my husband's miracle testimony to the merciful, healing power of our God.

One day as I woke from my sleep my mom told me that she saw my legs move slightly. I looked down, and as I was in the habit of doing, I would will them to move. I say will them to move because I had little or no sensation at the time so that's all I could do. But this time they moved! Oh, just barely, but they moved. You see my mom and I had been listening to those tapes and being taught that you must believe you have received the answer to your prayer before you see it. Hebrews 11:1 says, Faith is the evidence of things unseen. We learned to give praise and worship to God for the sacrifice that took place 2,000 years ago to bear this burden. I can still remember her lifting my lifeless arms in her hands and waving our hands together in praise to God. Sometimes you have to be willing to do something that seems totally radical and completely irrational because at all cost you must believe! When this manifestation finally took place, none of the caregivers were willing to believe it at first. They thought they would have to break the news to us that it was just a muscle spasm. When they found out I could actually move my legs on command, it was like pandemonium in the ICU. People were running in and out of my room shouting, "Oh my God!" I wished I could've spoken at the time. I would've exclaimed, "Exactly! He's the one behind all of this!" From that time my room continued to be filled with more people each consecutive day when the doctors would make their rounds. I remember the head of staff standing over my bed looking down at me. I wish I had a picture of the expression on his face. I remember people smiling and shaking their heads in amazement and saying things like, "I guess you were right about those prayers". But this man's expression was different. It looked as if he was standing over someone who was raised from the dead or something. As if he'd seen a ghost you might say. With this solemn look of fear on his face, he stared down at me and simply said, "Jeremy, we just don't see this." As the days continued, my movement progressed. I was able to start exercising my legs in bed. I remember it seemed like sheer torture to go through the process at times. Nobody could advise me concerning the experience with any real accuracy if they had never seen such a recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment