Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Walking Miracle The Finale


If you haven't read parts one through five, please be sure to scroll down and read them first. Here is the sixth and final installment of my husband's miracle testimony to the merciful, healing power of our God.

Many things happened in the four months that followed. As I said before, I started exercising in bed, which led to learning to sit up as more of my body began to move. I remember it being the most exhausting experience just to sit upright on the edge of my bed. I later moved from the ICU into the next phase which was full on rehabilitation. I can tell you frankly, that it was much easier being debilitated than rehabilitated. Everyone warned me about it. Telling me to get ready for boot camp. But I thank God for every grueling moment, believe me. It was a huge obstacle getting beyond the ventilator above all else. It took me two and a half months before I was able to breathe completely free of it and it really sapped a lot of my stamina. But, after that was over I was able to move more rapidly to walking with less assistance, and believe it or not, within four months of my injury I was ready to be released. Don't misunderstand me; I was still severely handicapped and not able to care for myself, but by the power and great mercy of God I was now being referred to as a walking miracle. I was completely wheelchair-free and walking with the simple aid of a single-tip cane. I went on to outpatient therapy and soon was able to walk without the cane. I later moved on to higher resistance training and weight lifting etc. As time passes I continue to enhance my abilities, and it's an honor to testify to the saving power of Christ Jesus!
My goal in this writing is to encourage people to receive hope in any situation no matter how impossible it may look, and then beyond that, to establish an unshakable faith that will be able to hook up to the power source of the Almighty. That power is the same yesterday, today and forever. It comes from a savior who is full of mercy and ready to forgive if we are humble enough to sincerely submit our lives to Him

You can hear my precious husband teach more of the truth of God's Word by clicking the link at the top right corner of my blog. Or, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment