Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Choosing Modesty



Life really is all about choices, isn't it? I was just sitting here planning what I was going to wear to a family outing coming up and it's going to be WARM already here in Tennessee. I was thinking of an outfit that would be comfortable and in most books, modest. But not to me - not on the inside.



You know that feeling you get from the Holy Spirit down in your gut when you're contemplating doing something that you know is displeasing to Him? You just can't get away from it and the more you try, the worse you feel. Well, thankfully THIS TIME I settled it all with Him in a matter of moments.



Sometimes it's taken me much longer and there have been times I haven't yielded at all. I'm learning to take these little learning moments and value them highly. It's these times when I yield to Him in something that seems small that will build my character to yield in the critical moments. How have you had to discipline yourself lately to yield to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment