Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I know, nobody likes to talk about these. I think it's because we've all made so many knowing that we'd never really follow through on them. Then there's the ones that we made VOWING we would follow through with them, but still didn't. The truth is, it takes a quality decision ANY time of the year that you really want to change something in your life. From little things like "I'm going to brush the dog everyday." To important things like, "I'm going to get in shape and eat right." And then the truly eternal things like, "I'm going to share the Gospel with at least 4 people a month."

I'm making some changed in my life throughout the year. In fact, I made changes throughout 2009 and along with using keys like accountability partners and journaling, the most important part of truly changing is brokenness before God and realizing that without Him, I can do nothing (John 15:5).

I hope that in 2010 you'll really make the changes you've been shooting for. The changes that really mean something. Proverbs 13:12 says, "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but [when] the desire cometh, [it is] a tree of life." Don't make your heart sick in 2010 with more hopes deferred. Use the power of desire and obtain your tree of life!

One last thing - one of my resolutions in 2010 is to abandon my blog. Yes, this will be my last entry here except for the occasional, "Y'all have got to see this!!!" I never started this to obtain followers or have any business contacts. I just wanted to hang out with some of my friends and keep in touch. I think I'm going to do that FOR REAL and not over a B L O G. So happy new year and I'm signing off... SP

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the resolutions. I love resolutions. But only because I love starting something. Not quite good at finishing...

    Sad to see your blog go, but I understand why. Maybe we should do scheduled emails? Maybe even a phone call? I must admit, that last one I am horrible at after having two kids. But, I could do it if you're ever interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - thanks SW. Scheduled e-mails are a GREAT idea. I'm also terrible at making phone calls, even to my own family who lives in Iowa and I don't have any kind of good enough reason like two small children! How 'bout Fridays?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fridays works great. I'll email you while the girls are napping tomorrow, if I don't hear from you first.

    ReplyDelete