Saturday, August 15, 2009

You Just Never Know...

...when you're going to meet up with an old friend. Through the technology we enjoy, I was the one who was found by a friend I had when I was a young teenager at our church. She looked up our church website and saw my picture and e-mail on there on the staff page. I was COMPLETELY surprised when I got her e-mail and we started to enjoy occasionally e-mailing back and forth to each other and getting caught up. Now, after two years of attempts at getting together in person, we're finally doing it on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. We haven't seen each other in about 10 years and it's exciting to reconnect now that we're married and she has two young children.



I hope you find a way to connect with people too. Today we went out with our witnessing team from church and connected with about 20 people, preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Isn't that what Jesus really came to do - connect with people and connect us with God? Thank God for the bridge of the Blood of Jesus, reconnecting me with my Heavenly Father and with my sister in Christ. I'm glad to know you S.L. and I can't wait to finally see you again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited to see you too! I can't wait, it's going to be such a treat. :)

    ReplyDelete